Cook the perfect brown rice and find out why you need to add brown rice to your diet and how you can add it to your diet for weight loss, and energy.
Watch the video for health benefits on key ingredients and my tips for cooking brown rice.
- 1. 1 cup of brown basmati rice
- 2. 2 cups of water
- 3. 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 4. Salt to taste
- 1.Rinse the brown rice
- 2.Add 2 cups of water, salt to taste and 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 3.Stir! Heat the pan on high flame, cover the pot and let the water boil-about 5 minutes
- 4.Turn the flame to low heat, cover the pot, and let it cook for 25-30 minutes until cooked.
- 5.Check the grain after about 25 minutes and determine if additional water needed or there is excess water. If more water is needed, just add a little and let it simmer for another 5 minutes until done
- 6.Check the rice, it should be ready. Turn off the stove and leave the lid slightly open for its moisture to dry out.
- Here are some different ways to add brown rice to your diet:
- 1.Stir fry some veggies and add cooked brown rice, Recipe coming this week.
- 2. Add 1 cup of brown rice to cooked beans and salsa and enjoy a Mexican dish
- 3.Make brown rice pudding, my favorite, also called Kheer!
- Note: There are a variety of whole grains so keep changing the whole grains in your diet so you get a variety of nutrients. Try millet, bulgur, quinoa, or barley.