Spicy Oats (upma)
Upma is a South-Indian dish and is usually prepared with semolina which is coarse and made from wheat. However, most semolina that we get here is enriched and not good for health. So I have given it a healthy twist and made it with rolled oats without compromising on the taste. An easy and quick way to prepare savory oats!
1. 1 cup Organic Rolled Oats
2. 1 cup water
3. 2 tbsp avocado oil
4. 1/2 small chopped onion
5. 1 cup frozen mix veggies
6. 4-5 curry leaves
7. 1/2 teaspoon black mustard
8. 1/4 tsp turmeric
9. 1/4 tsp cumin powder, 1/4 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp red chili powder
10. 1/4 tsp curry powder
11. 10-12 cashew halves
12. 1/4 bunch chopped cilantro
13. 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
14. Salt to taste
1. Roast the oats in a pan about 5 minutes until crispy. Let cool in a bowl
2. Heat the pan, add oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves, and cashews, cook for 2-3 minutes
3. Heat the pan, add oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves, and cashews, cook for 2-3 minutes
4. cook for another couple of minutes, and add water and add the oats, mix well.
5. Cover and cook on low flame for a couple more minutes
6. Add chopped cilantro and lemon juice and Enjoy!
Join Our Tribe !