Quick Guilt-free Sheer Khurma
Celebrate Eid with this easy, quick Sheer Khurma healthy recipe. Watch the video for the health benefits of key ingredients.
1. 1 liter of 2% milk
2. 1 cup whole wheat vermicelli(very thin wheat pasta strings)
3. ¼ to ½ cup of non-fat dried milk(depending how much thickness you like for the milk)
4. ¼ to ½ cup of maple syrup(for sweetness as desired)
5. 1 tbsp of raisins(optional)
6. ½ tsp of ground cardamom
7. ¼ tsp of ground nutmeg
8. 10-12 strings of saffron
9. 2 tbsps. of sliced almonds
10. 2 tbsps. of sliced pistachios
11. 1 tsp of vanilla extract
12. 1 tsp of pure desi ghee(optional, clarified butter)
1. Slowly mix the non-fat dry milk with the 2% milk and mix well, making sure no lumps. It will take about 2-3 minutes. If you want to use a blender you can do so
2. Heat the pan on medium heat and as the pan is heated add the vermicelli
3. Slowly add the milk to the pan and mix well and keep stirring. Let cook on high heat, stirring, and make sure there are no lumps, and milk doesn’t stick to the pan. Note: Some stoves are very high on high heat, and if milk sticks to the pan, cook on medium heat
4. Cook and stir until the milk gets to a slight boil
5. Add the saffron, nutmeg, and cardamom and mix. Cook for 2 minutes, keep stirring slowly, so the milk does not stick to the pan
6. Add the raisins and cook for 1 minute, slowly keep stirring
7. Slowly add the maple syrup, and add as needed for sweetness. Mix well and keep stirring for about 2 minutes
8. Add half the nuts and save half for garnish. Mix well, add 1 tsp of vanilla extract, and cook for 3-4 minutes until it boils.
9. Turn off the stove and let it cool. It will thicken when cool. Garnish with the remaining nuts. Serve it warm or cold. Enjoy!
Join Our Tribe !