This recipe is a good option for vegans! Whenever you buy any foods that contain soy, please ensure you buy non-GMO products.
1. 1 pack16 oz non-GMO tofu
2. 1 cup chopped spinach
3. 1/2 bunch chopped cilantro
4. 1/2 chopped onion
5. 1/2 chopped tomato
6. 1/2 cup bell peppers(optional)
7. 1/2 cup of Bella or crimini or maitake mushrooms(optional)
8. 2 tablespoons of avocado oil
9. Sea Salt to taste
10. Spices: 1-1/2 tsp turmeric, 2 tsp cayenne pepper, 2 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp curry powder(optional), 1/2 tsp paprika, 2 tsp garlic powder
1. Put a pan on the stove and add oil to the pan
2. Add the chopped onions and cook for couple minutes on medium flame until the onions are translucent
3. Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, and cook for a couple of minutes
4. Add the spinach. Drain the water from the tofu and cut the tofu into small pieces
5. Add this tofu to the pan and mix well! Cook for another 2-3 minutes on low flame. Mash the tofu well so it looks like scrambled eggs.
6. Add all the spices and cook for a minute, add half cilantro
7. Garnish with remaining cilantro and serve hot with whole grain bread or tortillas! Enjoy!
Tip: You can also trick your family by calling this recipe “Brain Masala”
Join Our Tribe !