Chinese Eggplant with Veggies-Gravy
1. 1 long Chinese Eggplant (washed & cut into medium size)
2. 1-2 potatoes (Optional) (washed & cut into medium size)
3. 1 cup frozen veggies (carrots, peas, corn & green beans)
4. 2 tbsp Green Masala
5. 1/4 cup organic tomato sauce or 2 fresh tomatoes pureed
6. 1 Tsp each red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder
7. 2 tbsp flax seeds powder
8. 1 Tsp garlic powder
9. 3 tbsp avocado oil (or your preferred oil)
10. 1 small onion chopped
11. 1/4 bunch cilantro washed & chopped for garnish
12. Salt to taste
1. Put a wide mouth pan on medium flame. Add oil, garlic powder, onions, and potatoes
2. Sautee it for about 5 minutes till the onions are translucent. Add tomato purée or sauce, green masala, and salt to taste.
3. Cook well until oil separates and comes up (about 5-7 minutes)
4. Add the frozen veggies and let it cook (about 2-3 minutes)
5. Add all the dry spices, red chili, cumin, coriander, and flax seeds powder. Cook & mix well for 2 minutes
6. Add 2 cups water and cook on low until eggplant, potatoes, and veggies are all cooked. Garnish with cilantro and serve with rice, khichri or wheat tortilla. Enjoy!!
Join Our Tribe !