Mexican Chicken Salad with Corn & Beans
1. 2 lbs. skinned chicken breast and cut into small pieces
2. 1 small onion chopped
3. 2 – 4 tomatoes chopped or 10 oz Rotel
4. 1 can of Non-Gmo corn
5. 1 can of chickpeas
6. 1 can of black beans
7. 1-2 chopped jalapenos depending on your spice level
8. 1/2 cup of chopped red cabbage
9. 1-2 cups of chopped spinach
10. 1/2 bunch cilantro chopped
11. 2 avocados pitted and sliced
12. 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
13. 2 teaspoon garlic powder
14. 2-3 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
15. Juice extracted from 1 lemon
16. 1/2 cup organic cheese
17. 2 tablespoons of avocado oil
18. Salt to taste
1. Place a large pot on the stove on medium flame, add oil and let it warm and add chicken. Add cumin seeds, salt, chopped jalapenos, and cayenne pepper. Cook the chicken until it turns white
2. Add the cabbage and tomatoes, and cook for 4-5 minutes.
3. Add the corn, beans, and chickpeas. Check the chicken, and add lemon juice.
4. If chicken is cooked turn off the stove, and add spinach, 1/2 cilantro, and 3/4 cheese.
5. Mix well. Serve hot and garnish each serving with cheese, cilantro, and avocados, and Creamy Avocado Dressing. Enjoy with brown rice, quinoa, or whole-grain tortilla, or just as is!
Tip: Be cognizant of the stove flame, you will have to keep changing from medium to low as needed until the water is evaporated.
Join Our Tribe !