Quinoa Laapsi Indian Dessert
Laapsi is a Rajasthani sweet dish a very popular Indian dessert that is delicious and healthy. It is very common in the northern parts of India, especially Gujrat. It is made out of cracked wheat, jaggery, nuts, raisins, and ghee. It is also called sweet daliya or shira.
1. 1 cup of prewashed Quinoa
2. ½ cup of jaggery(also called Gur, available at any Indian store or Amazon)
3. ¼ cup of fennel seeds grinded
4. ¼ cup of almonds grinded
5. ¼ cup of pistachio grinded
6. ¼ cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
7. ½ cup of coconut oil
8. 1/4 to 1/2 cup of raisins
9. 1/4 cup of sliced almonds
10. 1/2 tsp of saffron
11. 1-2 tbsp brown sugar (optional)
12. 1-2 tbsp pure ghee (optional)
13. Spices: 1/4 tsp cardamom powder, 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder, 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
14. For garnish: 1/4 cup of sliced fresh coconut (optional)
Note: Jaggery water can be replaced with maple syrup as needed.
Join Our Tribe !